10-15% of patients may not realize as much relief from their signs or symptoms of venous insufficiency as they hoped for or expected. Additionally, 10% of our new patients may have had previous vein procedures such as vein stripping or endovenous vein closures when they present to our practice for second opinion. Ultrasound evaluation of these patients often reveals only short segments of leaking veins which are not significant enough to account for their persistent or recurrent vein related symptoms or clinical signs. A potential cause of recurrent vein problems after previous procedures which has received much attention in the vein specialty world is iliac vein compression syndrome (IVCS). IVCS may occur as the result of arterial compression of one of the main outflow (iliac) veins, leading to increased pelvic and lower extremity venous pressure. This increased pressure can lead to failure of previous vein treatments such as vein stripping or the more current endovenous ablation techniques. Since the iliac veins are deep in the pelvis, they are not easily examined with traditional techniques such as transcutaneous pelvic ultrasound, CT scan or Magnetic Resonance Imaging. However, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), a minimally invasive, catheter based ultrasound technique, allows direct examination of the more proximal pelvic veins from within the actual blood vessels.
- Large varicose veins from the groin, vulva, or gluteal fold
- Leg swelling (one or both legs), one leg might be larger than the other.
- Leg Ulcers or stasis dermatitis.
- Pain in pelvis & abdomen with squatting or crouching.
- Painful intercourse (during or after) and increased pain with menstruation
- Pain in buttock, posterior thigh or knee with prolonged sitting or standing.
Very caring and kind staff. I felt completely comfortable during my office visits and vein procedure. I also thank the kind and caring way Dr. Magnant took care of me. Finally, I am appreciate Dr. Magnant for taking the time to explain and allow me to see the procedure. I am completely satisfied with my…
Dr Magnant and his Staff are the greatest professionals in a Medical office…the take time with you..make sure all your questions are answered…Dr Magnant makes your procedure go so smooth and pain free…
I love this place and it’s doctors! They are kind, patient, knowledgeable and informative of everything. I’m glad I chose Vein Specialists for my varicose vein issues!
I had awesome results from my procedures! Everyone from the doctor to the receptionist was pleasant and very exceptional at their jobs!
Excellent customer service very professional when you go into the office you feel like family immediately. Very kind very responsive to your questions or needs. I feel the whole staff makes you feel welcome and always have a smile on their face.
Vein Specialists’ state-of-the-art facility is designed to ensure the highest quality of care and best clinical experience possible for patients. Dr. Magnant has embraced three key concepts to build a successful practice: ability, affability, and availability.
Shop & Compare:
- We are the only IAC Accredited Vein Centers in Southwest Florida.
- Dr. Joseph Magnant is a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon.
- We have IAC Accredited Vascular Labs with full-time Registered Vascular Sonographers.
- We are a Medtronic Center of Excellence for physician training.
- We offer the latest technology in vein treatments including: ClosureFAST, LASER, VenaSeal, Varithena, Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), and Iliac Vein Stenting.