Vein Specialists offers the unique treatment VeinGogh. The VeinGogh Ohmic Thermolysis System provides a fast, easy way to reliably treat facial and nasal spider veins with less discomfort compared to older therapies. This procedure is an alternative method to older therapies, offering immediate and consistent results. Topical anesthetic is applied to the affected areas to be treated to diminish the discomfort. In addition to facial and nasal spider veins, other vascular lesions such as cherry hemangiomas, strawberry hemangiomas and nonvascular lesions like skin tags can be effectively treated as well. Ohmic thermolysis is ideal for small areas of spider veins while injection sclerotherapy is reserved for larger areas spider veins of the legs. According to the VeinGogh analysis, this microburst technology generates a tiny, regulated, high frequency current delivered to the vessel via a hair-thin probe. A “microburst” of energy selectively heats the vein, coagulating the blood and collapsing the vessel wall, which is quickly absorbed into the body. All this is accomplished without affecting the outer layers of the skin resulting in a quick return to normal daily activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the treatment hurt?
- On a pain scale of 1-10, with some laser treatments being an 8-9, VeinGogh is a 2-3. Since the procedure uses a hair-thin probe inserted into the vessel, there can be a slight “pinch”. Patients report it feels similar to a hair being removed.
Is there any downtime?
- The precise nature of VeinGogh treatment limits the risk of over-treating, so there is little to no trauma to the skin. Following treatment, there will be some mild redness that usually lasts about 2-3 hours.
Will the veins come back?
- Veins that have been properly treated will not return. However, new veins may develop over time and require retreatment. Follow-up visits are recommended.
Does VeinGogh only work on veins?
- No! VeinGogh can also be used to eliminate cherry angiomas (raised red freckles or moles), small hemangiomas (raised freckle or mole), skin tags, spider nevi (cluster of small veins), and even the redness of rosacea.
When will I see results?
- Immediately! You will see continuous improvement over several weeks as the treated vessels are reabsorbed.